During this time of social distancing and COVID-19, Honolulu Habitat for Humanity is still hard at work, pursuing many avenues to move forward our vision of an island – and world – where everyone has a decent place to live.
Now more than ever, Habitat for Humanity’s work is critical.
Volunteer Program Updates
Effective January 1, 2021: After a short hiatus, Honolulu Habitat will be welcoming volunteers back to the build site in mid-January. ReStore volunteer opportunities remain closed. Our number one priority is the safety and wellness of all those involved, so we have implemented strict safety measures and an incremental approach to bringing our dedicated volunteers back on board.
As we’ve phase volunteers back into roles throughout the organization, required safety procedures include the mandatory use of masks, a limit on the number of volunteers per site, daily wellness checks, and social distancing practices. At this time, we are not allowing minors to volunteer in-person and office volunteer opportunities remain closed. Pease review the following additions to our volunteer policies.
Build Site Volunteer Health & Safety Guidelines
- Effective January 1, 2021 all new and returning volunteers must complete the 2021 Volunteer Agreement and Waiver
- Volunteers must register online 24 hours ahead of their volunteer shift and sign-in upon arrival
- Volunteers must complete a mandatory temperature screening and health self-assessment upon arrival to the build site
- At all times volunteers must correctly wear a face covering (nose and mouth) and maintain a distance of 6’ from staff and other volunteers
- Volunteers must use provided hand washing stations upon arrival, between tasks, before/after lunch, and as often as possible
- Volunteer groups are limited to 5 individuals or less (smaller groups if/when working indoors)
- Volunteer tasks and practices have been modified to minimize risk and contact – no tool sharing!
ReStore Volunteer Health & Safety Guidelines
- No ReStore volunteer opportunities at this time
If you have questions about volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat ReStore Updates
ReStore’s modified store hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The following social distancing and safety measures are being strictly enforced.
- A face covering is required at all times on ReStore property
- Staff/volunteers are unable to assist with loading or unloading of donations/purchases
- Restrooms are closed to the public
- A distance of 6’ must be maintained from staff, volunteers and other customers at all times
- Items may not be left unattended inside restore – all purchases must be kept until checkout
Donation drop offs are accepted during normal business hours.
Click here to request a contact-free donation pick up.