ReStore provides businesses and individuals an opportunity to donate items they no longer need, while offering them a tax benefit for contributing to a qualified 501(c)(3) organization. Many of the items we sell would otherwise end up in a landfill.
Ready to donate? Bring your donation directly to our ReStore Monday - Saturday 9:30a-4:30p. When you donate directly in our store, 100% of the proceeds go our affiliate and the maximum donation potential will be reached!
We can pick up large quantity donations and bulky items from your home or business, making it easy for you to donate items you no longer need and help your community. To apply for a free donation pickup, please fill out the form above. Donation inquiries will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please remember we only accept items based on donations guidelines (see below).
Acceptable and Unacceptable Donation Guidelines
The Honolulu Habitat for Humanity ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used home and business furniture, housewares, and building materials. Due to limited floor space, prior to acceptance, donated items will be inspected and evaluated for structural and visual condition, age, and customer demand. ReStore retains the right to decline donations due to safety concerns, facility limitations, and marketability.
All items must be clean, in excellent physical and working condition whether new or gently used, with NO structural damage and NO repairs needed.
All items must be intact with NO missing or broken parts, with NO rips, tears, or stains, and free of corrosion, rust, chips, cracks and scratches.
All material must be free of termites, pests, water, mold, rot, smoke, animal traces, odors or damage.
Donations We DO Accept:
APPLIANCES & ELECTRONICS (Less than 5 years old)
Refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, ranges, range hoods, microwave ovens, ovens, toasters, food processors, electric kettles, fans (ceiling, floor, and tabletop), air conditioners, flat-panel monitors and HDTV’s only (NO tube televisions), and stereos
Dressers, tables (coffee, kitchen, end tables), sofas, chairs, bookshelves, shelving, desks, stools/ottomans, chests, display cases, file cabinets, bed frames (NO water bed frames)
• Mattresses and box springs - Accepted on a case-by-case basis.
• ReStore reserves the right to refuse any mattresses and box springs if deemed unfit for resale
• NO stains, NO mold, NO signs of bedbugs
Lumber, plywood, trim, wallboard and drywall, siding, stone, pipe, roofing materials, gutters, landscaping supplies, paving stone, brick, block, fencing, and new insulation:
• Lumber- full length and milled
• Plywood – quarter, half, and full size sheets
• Trim – (5’) minimum lengths
• Wallboard and drywall - half (4’), full (8’), and XL (12’) sheets (floor space permitting)
• Siding – full length vinyl or aluminum (ONLY full boxes)
• Pipe/PVC/Metal/Copper- (5’) minimum lengths of any type of pipe supplies
• Roofing - NEW asphalt or metal shingle, panel, or rolls (ONLY full bundles)
Tools (hand, garden, and power tools with all working parts), usable quantities of nails, screws, nuts, bolts, connectors, etc.
Dishes, glasses, framed art, framed mirrors, cookware, collectibles, home décor
ELECTRICAL & LIGHTING
Breakers, panels, fixtures (NO fluorescents), lamps, wire, outlet (boxes, covers, switches), light emitting diode (LED) bulbs ONLY
Vinyl sheet, vinyl tile, ceramic tile, solid wood, laminate, cork, bamboo, new carpet, rugs, grout
Minimum 100 square feet of USABLE materials
CABINETS & COUNTERTOPS
• Countertops - granite, marble, quartz, soapstone, butcher block, wood, stainless steel, glass, travertine
• Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets - Must have all hinges, working doors and drawers (solid wood construction preferred)
PAINTS, STAINS, TOOLS, & MATERIALS
Roller frames, trays, liners and grids, scrapers, drop cloths, sandpaper and blocks, bristle and wire brushes, caulking gun, masking tape
• NEW UNOPENED 5-gallon, 1-gallon, quart, and ½ pint sizes
• Water-based tinted paints and stains ONLY
• NEW Rollers and paint brushes ONLY
Sinks (drop-in, top and undermount, prep), bathtubs (fiberglass, steel, claw foot, free-standing), shower enclosures (NO doors), pipe supplies and fittings, complete *faucet fixture sets, NEW toilets only
Effective Jan. 4, 2014, the Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act prevents the ReStore from accepting certain fixtures. Acceptable products that convey or dispense drinking water, pipes, pipe or plumbing fittings or fixtures must display a certification mark indicating the product is compliant.
WINDOWS & DOORS
French doors, solid core and hollow construction, pre-hung or door slabs, interior or exterior, bi-fold closet, sliding glass/mirrors (w/tracking and framing), various sizes of windows and screens, jalousie glass (32” or longer)
• All windows and doors with operational tracking and framing
BOOKS (non-fiction only)
Home Improvements, crafts, do-it-yourself (DIY), gardening, instructional, cookbooks
Donations We DO NOT Accept for the safety and convenience of employees and customers:
• Used toilets
• Bathroom and kitchen fixtures manufactured prior to 2014
• Broken or unframed glass
• Broken or unframed mirrors
• Paint thinners, hazardous or toxic chemicals (safe disposal recommendations)
• Used/Open paints and stains
• Appliances needing repair
• Appliances older than five (5) years
• Antifreeze, motor oil or other automotive chemicals (safe disposal recommendations)
• Industrial chemicals (safe disposal recommendations)
• Incomplete hardware sets
• Incandescent, tube, or compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL)
• Shower doors
• Used water heaters
• Used smoke detector
• Any children’s item
• Pet or pet-related items
In the event ReStore cannot accept your donation, consider alternative recycling sources to keep usable materials out of our landfill.
Thank you for helping to manage Hawaii’s solid waste!