It’s that time of year again!
Applications are now available for our Home Build Program! Applications are due October 27, 2021.
Every Habitat homeowner’s journey starts with a simple application. Here’s what you need to get started.
Step 1: Decide if Home Build is right for you
Step 2: Request an application
If you’re ready to move forward, it’s time to request your application.
- Request an application by email
- Call 808-777-3335
- Visit one of our drive-by locations this month
Throughout the month of October we are hosting pop-up application hubs across Oahu. Stop by to meet our team, learn more and obtain (or submit) your application!
Saturday, October 9
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Palolo Valley District Park
12:00 pm – 2:00pm: Waimanalo Beach Park
Saturday, October 16
10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Waipahu District Park
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Wahiawa Recreation Center
Saturday, October 23
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Haleiwa Beach Park
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm: KEY Project (Kaneohe)
Step 3: Complete your application
Carefully complete your application and gather the required documents. This might take a little time, so get started early. Don’t forget, our team is standing by to answer your questions and help you along the way.
Step 4: Submit your application
Applications are due October 27, 2021. No late applications will be accepted. You can drop off or mail your application packet to our office (922 Austin Lane C-1, Honolulu, HI 96817), or visit one of our drive-by locations.
What happens after I submit my application?
After your completed application is submitted by mail or in-person, it will be reviewed and processed by our team. You will be contacted within 30 days to inform you on the status of your application.
Who can apply?
We partner with hardworking, low- to moderate-income families across Oahu to build a place to call home. We are an equal opportunity housing provider.
There are four key qualifications for our Home Build Program:
- Land – On Oahu, applicants must currently own land without a mortgage or be named as the lessee on a long-term leasehold (for example, through Department of Hawaiian Home Lands)*
- Ability to Pay – Families must demonstrate steady income and be in good financial health
- Need for Housing – Applicants must currently be living in substandard housing (overcrowded, unsafe, etc.) or cost-burdened housing (paying more than 30% of household’s income on housing costs)
- Willingness to Partner – Families that partner with Habitat are active participants in the construction of their home and the homes of other Habitat families.
You can download a complete list of qualifications here.
No land? Check out our Home Offering program! Complete the interest form and we’ll let you know when it’s time to apply.
Please contact our Family Services Department if you have questions or require assistance with your application.