Why get involved?
- According to the Cone Cause Evolution & Environmental Survey, 72% of Americans want their employers to do more for a cause or social issue.
- 93% say it is important for their companies to provide them with opportunities to become involved in social issues.
- A partnership with Habitat for Humanity is an idea way to make a meaningful connection to a worthy cause.
- Partnering with Habitat allows companies and employees to fight poverty housing in areas which they care about most. Habitat for Humanity works in over 1,400 communities in the United States and in nearly 90 countries worldwide.
Investing in a Habitat family creates a brighter future for the children in Habitat homes. Did you know that children who live in inadequate housing have lower educational achievement and are more likely to be impoverished and unemployed as adults? The good news is that, according to the Harvard Center on Housing, a dollar invested in housing has a greater impact on a child’s long-term well-being than a dollar invested in health or education.
You can make the difference that breaks the cycle of poverty that cripples so many families. The Gift that Builds is a program that enables companies and employees to support the families that Habitat for Humanity serves. The program creates opportunities for employees to learn about the risks of substandard housing, donate in support of our work or volunteer as part of the solution.
Whether you want to start a new program or add Habitat to your company’s existing giving campaign, The Gift that Builds provides the tools you need.
Hold a Workplace Campaign
Holding a campaign at work can be a fun, teambuilding experience while supporting a good cause. We can help you get started. Here are some fundraising ideas you might try:
- Kickoff Event (bake sale or white elephant sale, information, Habitat speaker)
- Habitat Lego Build Day (or week)
- Habitat Jeans Day
- Habitat for Humanity Lunch & Learn
- Cook-off Event
- Aluminum Cans for Habitat
- Habitat Adopt-A-Day
Call (808) 538-7070 for a Honolulu Habitat for Humanity Campaign Packet.